I can not move items into the categories from general file

fisherman
fisherman
Community Member

When I try to select and drag,the " bank account file will not light up and the data will not move

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10 14 6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can not move items into the categories from general file

Comments

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member

What happen now ??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fisherman!

Can you please explain what the issue is exactly? I am afraid I could not understand what you meant. What are you trying to drag? And where are you dragging it from and to?

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member

Hi Ana, sorry for the lack of detail-- Under log in --I have the password for a bank,--- I would like to put this in the catogery of " banks "--
    ie putting things in folders to make it easer to locate them.
    When I clilck and drag,- the receiving file does not highlight -- though it does if I try to put it into " favurites "

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fisherman:

Thank you for the clarification! It is not possible to move items between categories, so you will have to create a new item in the Bank Accounts category in your case if you would like it to end up there.

You can only drag items to Favorites (as you correctly said) or over tags, but not between the standard app categories (for example, from the Logins to the Bank Accounts category).

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member

Thank you for that,-- so now I can stop trying to do the impossable !! Whe are the catogories there then and how to things end up in them ? ie--why dont banks get put there automaticaly ? thanks again, regards, David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fisherman:

These are the categories that you can choose from:

You can also find the list in the desktop app, in menu on the left:

how to things end up in them ?

When you create an item, you choose what category that item should go to :)

why dont banks get put there automaticaly ?

That's because you know it's a bank, but the app doesn't. If you create an item in the correct category, the app then knows that it is a bank account.

• fisherman
    fisherman
    Community Member

Great,I wondered if that was the case-- I'll go back to the begining to re enter some of them.

Thanks a lot, very happy,-- regards, David

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! I am happy that I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.