Dark mode override

Options
mskopel
mskopel
Community Member

Is there a way to override dark mode? The side bars are fine however pages such as secure notes or logins are hard to read.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mskopel,

1Password will utilize dark mode / light mode based on which you have selected in System Preferences. I'm not aware of a way to cause specific apps to use one vs the other contrary to the system setting. We don't have anything in 1Password that would allow for that.

What specifically about them makes them hard to read?

Ben

• mskopel
    mskopel
    Community Member
    Options

It is not 1Password per se. Research has shown and my eyes agree that white text on a black background is difficult to read. Some apps such as Apple Mail allow you to override certain screens. In Mail's case, under Preferences >> Viewing you can turn off dark backgrounds for messages. Assuming this is not available with 1P, it would be great if this could be added as a future feature. I do like dark mode for side bars, it is just a bit of a strain to read content.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @mskopel. :+1:

Ben

• garyjoslin
    garyjoslin
    Community Member
    Options

For me, the only issue with dark mode on the iPhone is that the passwords are "washed out" and difficult to see when using "Show in Large Type". Perhaps the colors or contrast should be flipped in this mode.

• Ben
    Options

@garyjoslin

I see how that could be the case. Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass the feedback along to our design team.

Ben

• garyjoslin
    garyjoslin
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.