2 Versions on my Mac and passwords duplicated on iOS

Options
chefgoot
chefgoot
Community Member

I noticed several threads with similar problems, but would like to know how to address this in my particular case. Like others I've been using 1Password for many years, and went to the subscription version once it became available. Once I did, something happened where everything got duplicated on iOS and now I still have 2 versions on both my Macs (1PasswordX and V7). I'm assuming I need to remove the 1Password 7 standalone apps? I'm also guessing the only thing I can do about the duplicates is to delete them manually? Any instructions are appreciated.

1Password Version: X and 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.2
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @chefgoot! I'm sorry for the trouble/confusion. To be clear, there is no such thing as a "1Password 7 standalone app." Whether you're using standalone data or one or more 1password.com accounts, you use the same app. There's only 1Password, and version 7 is the current version. Do NOT delete this. What you definitely should do is remove the older, no-longer-needed Primary vault (this is the standalone vault), along with any other standalone vaults you may have created. If your 1password.com account is newly-created, you can probably do this straight away without any additional steps. If it's been a while since you created your 1Password account and added it to your 1Password apps, however, then it's likely that you may have been making additions/changes/deletions to both sets of what were originally identical copies of the same data -- meaning they're no longer identical. If that sounds more like you, let me know and we'll likely want to get some diagnostics reports and take this to private email.

• chefgoot
    chefgoot
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately it has not been a recent problem, so we should move it to email. I'm still a bit confused about 2 versions though because If I log in with my browser (Chrome) extension, then I get a light colored 1Password login screen, and should be logged in for my system. But there's a dark background version that is on my Mac's menu bar that requires me to log in again even after I've unlocked the browser version. That's the same version that comes up if I use Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chefgoot:

Is it possible you might be using 1Password X in Chrome, and the regular browser extension in Safari? This would explain the difference you are seeing.

• chefgoot
    chefgoot
    Community Member
    Options

Very possible, but if that's the case, what is the regular browser extension connecting to if not 1Password X?

• Ben
    Options

1Password X communicates directly with 1Password.com. At present the two extensions do not communicate with each other (though that functionality is in beta).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.