1Password Extension in Brave

Options
romad
romad
Community Member
edited October 2019 in Mac

I've added the extension but received this message afterwards:

Also when I click on the 1Pwd Extension icon in Brave, even though I click on the entry for the password I need, it doesn't enter it and I have to manually do so. Is this the way 1Password 6 works with Brave?

BTW, I'm experimenting with Brave to see if I want to use it instead of Firefox.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jsfrederick
    jsfrederick
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using Brave and the 1Password X extension for a while, works well. I don't know if the "regular" extension works on Brave, but the "X" does.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @romad!

What version of Brave is this happening with please?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jsfrederick:

Thank you for the input! We also offer the companion app extension for Brave, so 1Password X is not mandatory to use 1Password in that browser ;)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

Version .69

My power has been cut again for “safety” so it’ll be hours if not days before I will me able to use my iMac.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@romad:

Thank you for the confirmation. You are not on the latest version of Brave, so it's worth making sure that there are no pending updates in your browser. It can happen that the error message that you are seeing is because the browser is stuck in a partial update state. Completing the update (sometimes it's enough to just relaunch the browser) is often enough to fix this :)

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

Power’s still out - they may condescend to turn it back on Friday.

Well Brave is still Beta since it is a sub-whole number so there may have been another release. Version .69 was the one I had just upgraded to a few minutes before I tried to install 1Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@romad:

Understood. Let's make sure that there are no pending updates first then, and we can take a closer look once we have confirmed that everything is ok from that point of view.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

@romad: Going back to your original post, if you're really running 1Password 6 still, that will not work with recent version of Brave, going back to this time last year, when they released their new Chrome-based browser. You'd need 1Password 7 for compatibility with that.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    That takes me to my other problem: my lost license for 1Pwd7. I sent an email to support to have them resend it but I can’t do anything more until I have power back. I’m using my car as a charging system for this iPhone and my ebook reader!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2019
    Options

@romad: Ouch. Well I'm glad you're safe at least. Hopefully you'll be back up and running again soon! Thanks for you patience. We'll continue the license conversation via email. :+1:

ref: NEG-89873-256

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I still have power, Laura came through sending me the link to my 1Pwd7 license, AND it looks like I was able to successfully install the browser extension into Brave. So at this exact moment in time, you could say I'm batting a thousand! Oh, and Brave updated itself to Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update :+1: :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@romad: Awesome! ✋😃

This discussion has been closed.