To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password site shows a blank page after clicking "All Vaults"

daldoyle
daldoyle
Community Member

Apologies if this isn't the right place, I wasn't sure where issues simply using the web page https://my.1password.com/ are supposed to be filed.

When I log into the site, after clicking on any of the Vaults it briefly loads for a second then everything goes blank. Debugging in the browser shows a number of errors in minified JS that don't mean much to me. I have included a screenshot. Chrome version is 78.0.3904.70.

I have the 1password browser extension but I do not believe it is running since this is a linux machine. It is only there because Chrome has synced my extensions and on another computer I do have it. For good measure I have also tried explicitly disabling it - no change.

I don't recall exactly when the last time I had to use 1password directly in the browser from this computer, but I know it worked maybe a month or two ago just fine.

I have tried this in Firefox on the same machine with the same result, so I do not think it's something in chrome. I have also tried this on a windows 10 machine in both Chrome and Firefox with the same result, so I do not think it's something specific to linux either.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04.3
Sync Type: Browser

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daldoyle: Thanks for reaching out. Yeah, that's a tough one, as we don't have a forum category specifically for the 1Password web interface. I've moved this to the Memberships category though since that's closest. :)

I know you mentioned you're having the same issue across multiple browsers/computers, but counterintuitively, there is a common element across all of them: you! Don't take that the wrong way, I just mean that you may have set them all up similarly. Do you maybe have content blockers installed that could be preventing 1Password from accessing some resource needed to display everything. It could also be some filtering at the network level. At least, that's the only situation so far that I have seen cause something like this. Can you tell me the specific browsers versions you're using? Does it work if you setup a new clean browser profile? Thanks in advance!

• daldoyle
    daldoyle
    Community Member

I tried again on my wife's Windows computer using Edge, the browser she never uses, and I get the same result. It momentarily loads and shows everything, then the page goes blank again with the same traceback stack. (Interestingly enough, it doesn't work at all in IE11 complaining that Promise is undefined, but I don't really care about that.)

There are no filters that I know of. We're the admin users on these computers, and FFox + Edge have no extensions or modifications since I never use them for anything except the "Try another browser" scenario. I tried both on my Comcast based home network and tethering to my phone on the off-chance that it was a network level filter and same result, so that seems less likely.

If I had to guess, it might be something in the contents of the vault. It loads just fine in the Windows and OSX based applications. I'm unsure how to go about tracking that down though. I guess I could start deleting things one by one and seeing if that causes it to load up successfully, but I have over a hundred items in there.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daldoyle: I mean, that does sound like maybe it's something in the vault(s) since it's happening to both you and your wife, presuming you're sharing some of that. It would be really helpful to know the specific browser versions. But that still brings me back to content blockers. I know some folks have found that "comment filtering" was somehow triggered by some data in their vaults, and then they encountered a similar issue. It just won't work in IE, as expected since that's so far behind on web standards we depend on. But Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Vivaldi, Brave, and others I'm forgetting all work fine with the 1Password web interface provided they're up to date and nothing else is interfering.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I was discussing this with some colleagues, and it looks like this may be related to an issue we're investigating. We haven't worked it out yet, so I don't have a lot of information at this time. But some of the errors in your original post match. We'll follow up once we have more. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but glad you're able to access your data though the apps in the mean time. Thanks for your patience!

ref: dev/b5/b5#6834

• daldoyle
    daldoyle
    Community Member

Chrome is 78.0.3904.70(Official Build)
    Safari is 13.0.3
    FFox is 70.0
    Edge is 44.18362.387.0

I get the exact same behavior in all of them on OSX, Windows, and Linux (or as much as I can test, no Edge on linux for example). I have tried disabling all extensions, marked "allow everything" in security settings vs letting it smart block things, no change.

I'm sorry if I am being dense on the comment filtering remark - I don't really understand what you're getting at. If there's a particular extension or setting you'd like me to try toggling I'd be happy to do that and report back.

I did a little more digging in the debugger. While it's still minified and so a bit hard to understand, plus my lack of familiarity with the code, maybe it's useful to someone over there.

• daldoyle
    daldoyle
    Community Member

Chrome is 78.0.3904.70(Official Build)
    Safari is 13.0.3
    FFox is 70.0
    Edge is 44.18362.387.0

I get the exact same behavior in all of them on OSX, Windows, and Linux (or as much as I can test, no Edge on linux for example). I have tried disabling all extensions, marked "allow everything" in security settings vs letting it smart block things, no change.

I'm sorry if I am being dense on the comment filtering remark - I don't really understand what you're getting at. If there's a particular extension or setting you'd like me to try toggling I'd be happy to do that and report back.

• Thanks @daldoyle. Our development team believes they've identified the issue and it should be something we can resolve on our end. Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully we'll have it fixed up soon.

Ben

ref: dev/b5/b5#6834

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daldoyle: We've deployed a new update to the 1Password web interface that should help with this. Please let me know if you encounter any further issues!

• daldoyle
    daldoyle
    Community Member

Hi @brenty ,

Thanks, the issue appears to be sorted out. I can now access my vaults via the web UI again.

• Thanks for the update @daldoyle. Glad to hear it is working now. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.