Share Account with Wife

Options

Good Morning I would like to share my account with my wife is that possible? Would I have to pay a monthly charge for her?

TIA

Dregs

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ChartFreak
    ChartFreak
    Community Member
    Options

I use 1Password for Families for me, my wife and my 2 kids. There I can share different vaults for example 1 vault for all 4 and one for my wife and me and so on...

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response, I have no children to go one so it seems like a bit much for one more after paying for the account already.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dixiedregs: Am I right to understand that you have an individual account now? Do you plan to share all passwords with your wife or some of them? Please let us know.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member
    Options

Yes Greg...I have an individual account and I share my passwords with my wife.....:)

• I'd still recommend 1Password Families, @dixiedregs. Yes, it's a bit more expensive, but even if y'all share almost everything, it's nice to be able to keep things a bit more organized by keeping the items your wife isn't going to need – like your personal e-mail account – in your private vault. My folks have this attitude that I used to remember their passwords for them anyways so they keep everything in our shared vault even though that means I have two Amazon Logins that show up for me instead of just mine – the one I want. I love that they trust me, of course, but the point is that it's easier to use any password manager if you only have access to the items you need and it's far easier to accomplish that with 1Password Families. Plus, it gives you room to grow at no extra cost. Maybe your parents or your wife's parents could benefit from a password manager too, for example.

If y'all do truly share everything and have no interest in sharing 1Password with anyone else, there's nothing stopping you from installing 1Password and signing in to your account on her devices too and if that works best for y'all then it's definitely better than keeping passwords you and your wife share simple so she can remember and type them. Between the organizational options and the access to account recovery, I personally think 1Password Families is the best choice. Yes, it includes up to 5 people, but it works just as well for two. Of course, that's totally up to you – the very best choice is always whatever gets the both of you using unique, secure passwords for every account. :chuffed:

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much for your opinion and insight this gives me something to consider...!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dixiedregs: On behalf of Kate you are very welcome! :+1:

I would also recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password Families, as it is really convenient (I am using one myself). We are always here for you, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.