Your 1Password data is not compatible with this 1Password version. Error ID: opw-db-10.1

Options

I have successfully set-up my membership and downloaded apps for Android and Mac as well as the Chrome extension but when I download the windows app from the 'Get the Apps' section of the home page, launching the downloaded file just generates the following message in a small splash screen "Your 1Password data is not compatible with this 1Password version. Error ID: opw-db-10.1"
I have removed all previous versions and deleted anything that seems to associate with 1Password from my desktop, but problem persists.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.16.2
OS Version: Windows 10.0.18362
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opw-db-10.1

Comments

• That means you've missed a bit of leftovers, @Peterobinsonlx – that error is telling us you've got some old data on that PC. From 1Password 6, most likely. Not to worry! I'm happy to help you find them. Before we cover that, though, let's get one thing out of the way. Do you have access to all of your data on another device or in your web browser? If so, continue on, but if not, stop here and let me know.

Assuming you do have access to your data elsewhere, you can reset that local database to fix things up:

1. Make sure 1Password isn't running.
    2. Open Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password to search and press enter.
    3. In this folder, rename the data folder to data-backup.
    4. Open 1Password 7 and sign in.

Let me know if this gets things working for you. :+1:

• Peterobinsonlx
    Peterobinsonlx
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect, thanks bundtkate - worked a treat!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of bundtkate, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.