Question New 1Password Pro and Dropbox Sync Not Working

13»

Comments

• mazo
    edited December 1969
    I have the problem, that the sync says "Sync completed", but no records show up on the iPhone (there are 300+ records in the keychain).

Can you help?
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    And I assume you've tried rebooting the iPhone, sandman4sure?
  • sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yeah, but tried it again now (pressing both buttons for 10 seconds, so i hard reboot)
    Still crashing on the 'requesting' message
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yeah, but tried it again now (pressing both buttons for 10 seconds, so i hard reboot)
    Still crashing on the 'requesting' message

I'm out of ideas, but I'm sure someone from Agile Web Solutions will figure it out. Just so we're all on the same page, I have an iPhone 3GS and 1Password Touch Pro. Both of you who have had the crash issue have iPhone 3G's not iPhone 3GS's and I'm not sure whether you're using the regular or pro versions of the iPhone app. My guess is this is a 3G specific problem.
  • sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Pro version for me.
    And yeah, I have the 3G

Thanks for your help so far!
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    You're welcome. Glad you have the Pro version, too, since that eliminates at least one variable! Also, since you were able to get the app to crash even without your keychain there, that suggests that the problem isn't with your keychain either. Since you re-downloaded the app from the App Store, the only other thing I can think of is to check your Dropbox account. Does it show that 1Password is an authorized app? Go to https://www.dropbox.com/account and then go to the "My Apps" tab.

Mine shows this:

1Password by Agile Web Solutions 1Password by Agile W...lutions Full Dropbox

Does yours look the same?
  • sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yeah, under My Apps it says:
    1Password by Agile Web Solutions 1Password by Agile W...lutions Full Dropbox
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    You have iOS 4, right? I wonder if anyone with an iPhone 3G running iOS 4 does NOT have this problem.
  • sandman4sure
    sandman4sure
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Yes, the newest version (4.01)

Wonder what will be earlier, my new iPhone 4 next week (hopefully) or a solution for the 3G :)
  • ilove1password
    ilove1password
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    lol...lucky! I'm waiting for the white one to come out and can't wait.
  • ajkphotography
    ajkphotography
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    You have iOS 4, right? I wonder if anyone with an iPhone 3G running iOS 4 does NOT have this problem.

I'm using a 2nd generation iPod Touch with iOS 4, the latest 1PW Pro and 1PW 3.3 on my Macs and I'm experiencing the same problem.

I believe the 2G iPod is equivalent to the iPhone 3G.
  • chashulme
    chashulme
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm also running 2nd gen iPod touch, IOS4 and 1PT 3.3 with the crashing problem... Interestingly, I noticed that although my Dropbox does have the app listed as authorized (as expected), ......it DOES NOT show the device itself in ‘My Computers’. My other devices, which sync just fine with Dropbox (iPhone 4 and iPad running IOS4), ARE listed. Is this perhaps a clue?
  • Marko
    edited December 1969
    Looking at the Console log of my iPhone, I see a ton of entries like this:

Fri Jul 23 17:39:54 unknown 1PasswordPro[140] <Warning>: Failed to parse item modification date: {
    bytes = 1241;
    icon = "page_white";
    "is_dir" = 0;
    "mime_type" = "application/octet-stream";
    modified = "Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:10:59 +0000";
    path = "/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/FEFF8866968541C1B5B7A1E3BE4BE69D.1password";
    revision = 1031755923;
    size = "1.2KB";
    "thumb_exists" = 0;
    }

On the app itself, the Dropbox sync claims to complete just fine, but no items appear. My spidey sense tells me that these issues are related.
  • SGTROCK
    SGTROCK
    Community Member
    edited July 2010
    same config: iTouch 2g & 1PW Pro with all updates from Apple & Agile.
    The app now crash 15 sec after launch all the time, I try to turn off Dropbox sync right away but that just speeds up the crash and on relauch i see it didn't accept the change.::-(
  • waanz
    edited December 1969
    Doesn't work for me neither.
    Have iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 and iPad with OS 3.2.1

It keeps saying that it does not find the 1password file on dropbox
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Marko wrote:
    Looking at the Console log of my iPhone, I see a ton of entries like this:

Fri Jul 23 17:39:54 unknown 1PasswordPro[140] <Warning>: Failed to parse item modification date: {
    bytes = 1241;
    icon = "page_white";
    "is_dir" = 0;
    "mime_type" = "application/octet-stream";
    modified = "Fri, 23 Jul 2010 14:10:59 +0000";
    path = "/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/FEFF8866968541C1B5B7A1E3BE4BE69D.1password";
    revision = 1031755923;
    size = "1.2KB";
    "thumb_exists" = 0;
    }

On the app itself, the Dropbox sync claims to complete just fine, but no items appear. My spidey sense tells me that these issues are related.

Thank you, this helps a lot!
  • NiCOOo
    edited December 1969
    Not working for me too!

It says sync is OK, but nothing appears on my iPhone or iPad. 1Password Mac is up-to-date as Iphone and iPad versions... :^)

Any help for a french guys? :oops:
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2010
    NiCOOo wrote:
    Not working for me too!

It says sync is OK, but nothing appears on my iPhone or iPad. 1Password Mac is up-to-date as Iphone and iPad versions... :^)

NiCOOo, possibly you are experiencing the bug that has affected our customers who aren't in North America. We have fixed this bug and submitted an update for Apple's approval. Please give the update a try when it's available and let us know if the problem is fixed for you.
  • NiCOOo
    edited December 1969
    Yep, no problem, I'll let you know!
  • Petewaw
    edited December 1969
    Same problem here. Tried to move kechain from computer to Dropox (using 1Password preferences) for several times, always the same (no matter iPhone or iPad): "Failed to find the data..." Switched to WiFi Sync before starting yo bang my head to desk :)
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Petewaw wrote:
    Same problem here. Tried to move kechain from computer to Dropox (using 1Password preferences) for several times, always the same (no matter iPhone or iPad): "Failed to find the data..." Switched to WiFi Sync before starting yo bang my head to desk :)

You also need to make sure you are running the latest version of 1Password.

Please also see the announcement for more information:
    http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/announcement.php?f=84
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    I am locking this thread as it got too big and includes many different issues.

Please find other threads or post a new one. Even better, join us in the new support forum:

http://community.agile.ws/
This discussion has been closed.