To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hello, I forgot my master password, but I have the secret key. How can I reset the account?

cutefishie
cutefishie
Community Member

Hello, I forgot my master password, but I have the secret key. How can I reset the account on my computer browswer? I think deleting the account is one way but is there any other way to do this besides deleting the account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:forgot master password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cutefishie! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• cutefishie
    cutefishie
    Community Member

I have an individual account so I will go ahead and delete the account. How do I create a new one after deleting the account? Will deleting the account delete the subscription?

• @cutefishie

How do I create a new one after deleting the account?

You can sign up for a membership here: 1Password — Password Manager for Teams, Businesses, and Families

Will deleting the account delete the subscription?

Yes. :) If you have time remaining that you've been billed for but won't be able to utilize please write to us at support@1password.com once you've created the new account and we can transfer that credit over.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.