1Password extension for Chrome sometimes unresponsive

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password in menu bar sometimes not responsive.

Comments

• Fergus
    Fergus
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Chrome. 1 Password seems to work fine on Safari, but with Chrome, both the extension and the menu bar icon are often unresponsive. Unlike the original questioner, opening 1P and closing it doesn't solve the problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Fergus! I hope you don't mind; I've split your comments off into a new discussion, as the original thread was started - and completed - over 18 months ago and refers to a much-older version of 1Password for Mac and a different browser.

We've had some issues with Chrome in particular lately, and I'm not entirely sure from just your post what the trouble you're having is...but some of the most-persistent issues have been solved with a new beta version of the 1Password extension for Chrome. If you're not averse to installing a beta version, you can get it at this link. If you're going to try that, make sure you disable the stable 1Password extension in Chrome first so you don't have both running simultaneously. This new beta version is also waiting for approval as a stable version, so if you prefer not to use beta software, it should only be a week or two before it's available as a stable version, depending on Google's approval process.

This discussion has been closed.