Which App should I buy if we use win vers.and more iPhones together

alwu
alwu
Community Member
Dear Support Team,

I am an old 1password user and bought 2 years ago the 1password pro version and have 1 password for windows and my family in use. While I use 1password within our family users and in windows version, I have the question what version of 1password should they buy now if they want to use this app on their iPhone as well?

REASON:
All of my family uses now their own iPhone and want to use and share over their dropbox accout their 1password information.

Question -
Which 1password version should now buy each of one (3 new iPHone members) user, to be able to use 1password for each of them (all)?
Is there a price reduction possible if it is needet that they have to buy for all of them seperate an app at itunes?

Please give advice what we have to do before we buy the wrong app at itunes.

Greetings from Germany

Alexander

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Alexander!

We sell three different apps in the iTunes App Store at this time:

1. 1Password for iPhone (designed for iPhone and iPod touch)
    2. 1Password for iPad (designed for iPad)
    3. 1Password Pro (designed for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad; it is identical to the first two apps but combined at a lower price)

The obvious choice would but (1), but if they wish to use 1Password on iPads as well I'd recommend (3).

All of our apps are on sale right now, so it is a great time to buy.

That said, we also recently announced 1Password 4 which will be a completely new universal app for all iOS devices. It will require a purchase. There will be a special price of $7.99 available at launch time. The existing 1Password iOS apps will no longer be sold. They will continue to be supported, will sync with 1Password 4 and be available for download in the "Purchased" section of iTunes. The regular price of 1Password 4 will be $17.99.

You can see a sneak peek of 1Password 4 at iMore.

So the choice is up to your family if they want to wait until 1Password 4 or buy now. Even if they buy now, the current sale price and v4 introductory price are still no more than the regular price of v4.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Greetings from Los Angeles,
This discussion has been closed.