massive memory leak, excess CPU usage

2»

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited October 29

@fauzann

Unfortunately, no. If you need to stop using the betas once it becomes the release/stable build, please see this set of instructions.

https://support.1password.com/betas/#to-stop-using-the-beta

If you are running the stable which 1Password will update to, then all that is need is to turn off “Include beta builds” in Preferences > Updates.

• I updated to 7.7 to check Apple Watch Unlock.
    But I don;t have option to enable this function in Preferences -> Security

My question is why?

1Password Version: 7.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Big Sur
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• OK I already know. MacBook have to be equipped with T1/T2 controller.
    So MacBooks with touchbars.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey @SudoUser

Indeed a T1 or T2 chip is required (specifically: a Secure Enclave). There are some models that do not have TouchBars that have such a chip. The full list of currently available Macs that are compatible is:

• iMac Pro 2017 and newer
    • iMac 27-inch 2020 and newer
    • MacBook Pro 2016 and newer
    • MacBook Air 2018 and newer
    • Mac mini 2018 and newer
    • Mac Pro 2019 and newer

Sorry about that!

Ben

• Well, darn it -- that was one of the features I was excited about. I can do all kinds of watch-unlocking on my 2015 MacBook Pro, but not that. Might've been nice if I hadn't had to search the support forums to learn about this limitation. :/

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jrobmn:

Thank you for the feedback! I will pass it to our documentation team :+1:

• I'm not sure what the tie is between the T1/T2 chip and whether or we can use our Apple Watch. I unlock my iMac 27-inch 2017 using my Apple Watch. I thought T1/T2 was only required for the Touch Bar.

• Same/similar problem here. I have a 2019 16" MBP with Touch Bar. Unlock with Apple Watch works fine to unlock the Mac, and I have turned on Unlock with Apple Watch in the 1PW preferences, but I never get the watch option. I only see the TouchID icon when unlocking 1PW, and have never seen the notification pop up on the Apple Watch. I didn't know if I needed to have 1PW installed and enabled on the watch ( I don't think I do since this is a Mac OS feature) but I did verify that 1PW is installed and enabled on my iPhone and Apple Watch. Mac OS 11.0.1 Watch OS 7.1 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@fauzann:

It was released this week, on Monday to be precise :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file