Consistent lack of sync between Android and Windows

edited November 11 in Android

Hello,

I keep having problems with sync between Android and Windows. For example, last night I created a login on Android for a website. This morning I go to login on my Windows machine and the login doesn't appear. I've locked and unlocked the Chrome extension and that doesn't change anything. I can see the login on my phone, it's definitely there, but I just can't make it sync across.

This also happens in the opposite direction; I'll create a login in Chrome, but it doesn't get sync'd to Android. Eventually it'll show up, but not for days.

I had a look for a "force sync" option, and the only result was for this forum post to which I found the support responses to be pretty disgraceful. I sure would like that force sync button right now.

How can I get things syncing properly?

1Password Version: Android 7.7.1
Extension Version: Chrome 1.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10.0.18363
Sync Type: 1Password native

Comments

• periperi

Team Member

Hi @danielsamuels. Sorry to hear you're having trouble syncing! It's possible one or both of your devices isn't syncing with 1Password.com. This can happen if you turn on 2FA for your account, but don't authenticate in the app, or if you update your account credentials without updating them in the app.

First things first, please sign into your account and check whether the data from either device shows up there. Then
    Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/116784/consistent-lack-of-sync-between-android-and-windows
    • Your forum username: danielsamuels

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file