Options

Hi, any updates on this? My support ID is KYR-65462-736

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Marco Van de Water:

I see that my colleague Joshua replied to you three days ago with an update :+1: Please make sure you take a look at your spam folder too, in case the message ended up there.

ref: KYR-65462-736

• CopperTower
    CopperTower
    Community Member
    Options

My support ID number with diagnostic data is UEZ-74969-833

• Marco Van de Water
    Options

@ag_ana Yes indeed he did. But the email is saying that the devs are alerted. So I was wondering if there is an update.

• balakrishnanc
    balakrishnanc
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. Everything is sluggish: unlocking, opening the application, copying a password, ...

———
    1Password Version 7.7 (70700015)
    macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

• rlh
    rlh
    Community Member
    Options

I too, am experiencing this unlock slowdown. I see it clicking on the Safari menu bar, the inline Unlock button, and Cmd-\ invocation.

• RDye
    RDye
    Community Member
    Options

I have slow response issues since updating to 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) from 1Password Store. I'm using 2018 MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. Unlock via Touch ID is very slow. New password entries or changes to existing entries are also very slow causing spinning beach ball with each keyboard input. Entire app seems very sluggish. Never had these issues before Version 7.7.

• larsn
    larsn
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue: It is very slow to open the 1Password Mini view when it is locked and Touch ID is enabled. After 1Password is unlocked, it's fast again. Do you want more support tickets or should I just follow this discussion thread?

• ForbQuiet
    ForbQuiet
    Community Member
    Options

Having the exact same issue. Let me know if you guys want additional logs, if I don't hear anything I'll just follow this thread.

• RDye
    RDye
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7.7 is unusable given that it takes forever to open and, even worse, that every new entry or change is met by a spinning beach ball. I have reverted to Version 7.6 (70600005) which works perfectly for me under macOS Big Sur 11.0.1. I have turned automatic updates off to keep this working version. Hopefully a stable release with all the Version 7.7 features is coming soon, if not, I'll be looking for another product.

• daniel110928
    daniel110928
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I had the same issue, after disabling the Safari Extension, opening the 1Password applications using TouchID or Apple Watch is as fast as before the 7.7 update.

It's bit of a hassle to switch between 1Password and the browser, but at least I don't get the spinning beach ball.

Anybody else hacking the same experience?

1Password Version: 7,7 (70700015)
    Extension Version: 7.7
    OS Version: MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1
    1Password Store

• Marco Van de Water
    Marco Van de Water
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Ver 7.6 is indeed faster. As I test I also installed 6.8.9 (last version of 6.x branch) and that one also works fine (I use Chrome, not Safari) and it is blazingly fast even compared to 7.6. The 6.8.9 version does not work with newer versions of Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

Thank you for all the reports everyone! Our developers have indeed been alerted of this, and are working on improvements :+1: :)

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I am also having this issue. It stated immediately after updating to 1Password 7.7 (store version). I am on a Mac Pro (2013) with 16GB RAM, running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Obviously I don't have Touch ID, so maybe this is a different issue? I shutdown my Mac every day, so quitting 1Password doesn't make any difference. Everything about using main 1Password app is now really sluggish - unlocking, navigating, scrolling, copying/pasting passwords, editing logins, etc. I noticed 1Password is using 700MB of RAM in Activity Monitor even when it's just in the background - not sure if that is normal. 1Password was super responsive prior to the update. 1Password Mini seems fine. Let me know if you want me to submit diagnostics.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stukey:

You are free to submit a diagnostics report if you want, but I think at this point our developers have received a few already and they are aware of this behavior, so it shouldn't be absolutely necessary :+1:

• stukey
    stukey
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks. I won’t bother for now please let me know if you need more info. I hope this is fixed very soon...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @stukey! We appreciate your willingness to support :+1: Please also keep an eye out on the release notes to see the updates as soon as they are released :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Samplex:

We have been collecting a few diagnostics report and our developers are aware of this. At the moment we don't have an ETA, but it will be fixed as soon as possible.

• airs0urce
    airs0urce
    Community Member
    Options

I saw 1password is so slow for me when I use it in Chrome for example (on MacOS - Big Sur). When I press CMD+\ it takes about 5sec like mentioned above before fields get populated. Before it was much faster.

• @airs0urce

Thank you for sharing. We hope to have a fix as soon as possible.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No news yet @Samplex. I don't believe there are any secrets here, I think it is just a difficult problems and our developers want to make sure it is addressed and investigated properly :+1:

• keriol
    keriol
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated my macOS Catalina to 10.15.7 this morning and the problem disappeared, no matter if i unlock 1PW with Watch, TouchID or password. Tested with Chrome & Safari Extensions and the 1PW app itself.
    It's only a first impression (update is only some minutes old), but maybe the problem disappeared that way.

• Marco Van de Water
    Options

An update on the progress would be appreciated.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

@stukey @simplex I reported this very problem at the end of November.

• daenzo
    daenzo
    Community Member
    Options

same problem here. any solutions?

• mohakha3
    mohakha3
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Facing same problem on 2 different macbooks:

Macbook pro 15 on 10.15.7 catalina
    M1 based macbook pro on 11.1 big sur.

Although it's tad bit faster on arm based mac, nonetheless overall slower than ever.

Any solution?

This discussion has been closed.