Unlock with Watch Stopped Working

2»

Comments

• @ag_tommy ok, I've sent it (~15 minutes ago). Haven't received a mail stating that a ticket has been generated.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited January 20

@kdogg1

Got it. Someone will be with you as soon as possible. (#SMT-11176-652)

ref: SMT-11176-652

• Hi 1Password -
    Any idea on when this update will be released? This still isn't working. Telling people to download the beta isn't really a solution.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@kdogg1

Unfortunately, I have no knowledge on the next release.

• I am also not able to unlock with my Apple Watch. Using M1 Mac mini, beta6 of 1Password (1Password 7
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-6 (70701006)), and macOS 11.2.

This has variously worked and not worked for me.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@shermanwilcox

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. So that we can get it over to development.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key. Please send that report to suppor[email protected] Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. shermanwilcox
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/587226/#Comment_587226

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file. Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.
  • I have just sent the diagnostics report. Thank you for the quick support.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@shermanwilcox

Your support ID is LTU-48253-798

ref: LTU-48253-798

• I'm another person with this trouble. Running on MacMini M1. Unlock with watch works, but then doesn't. I was using the default "2 days", so have just changed it to 1 week to see what difference that might make: I'm not sure if the need to re-enter my password is because that time had expired, or if it happens when I take my watch off and then put it back on.

The other little quirk is when unticking unlock using Apple Watch, I'm prompted for my password to turn this "off", as well as "on". Makes perfect sense when turning it on; not sure if that's intended behaviour when turning it off?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for letting us know about your experience as well @elucubrator. Have you sent us a diagnostics report too?

• edited February 15

@ag_ana and @ag_tommy

I'm also seeing the same behaviour where after ~1 week (which is how my Apple Watch "Require Master Preference every" preference is set) that the Apple Watch icon on the unlock window disappears and that the way to re-enable is to unlock 1P with my Master Password, open Preferences, disable "Unlock using Apple Watch" and re-enabling it again.

Do you need more diagnostic reports and if so, do you need a diagnostic report when the unlock feature is working, or not working or both?

Thanks - Jonathan.

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@jsturtridge,

I'm going to contradict both ana and tommy here and say that no diagnostic report is needed and that the change will be in the next beta.

• @rudy - that's fabulous news - I'll keep my eye out for it; thanks so much - J.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

:+1::)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file