1Password asking for master password to enable TouchID every time I invoke it

swittersswitters Junior Member
edited December 2020 in Mac Beta

I am being asked to enter my password in order to enable TouchID every time I invoke 1Password, whether opening the app or via the Chrome extension and or Apple menu bar. I have it set to only ask for the master password once every 2 weeks in the preferences.

1Password Version: 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gillesgilles Junior Member
    edited December 2020

I am experiencing the same issue with 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003). I am running Mac OS X Big Sur 11.1 Beta (20C5048l).

• I am also having this issue with 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003), running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29). My 1Password is set to prompt me for my master password once per week.

• I am experiencing the same thing even though the prompt is set to weekly. I have tried toggling the prompt on / off, completely quitting 1P, and rebooting. It has been happening for about 4 days. Thank you.

Big Sur 11.0.1
    1Password 7
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003)
    1Password Beta

• I came here to find a solution for precisely this.

I am using:
    1Password 7
    1Password Beta

on:
    Big Sur 11.0.1

• I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro 16" 10.15.7 with version 7.8 (70700015). Setting it to 1 or 2 weeks, I started getting prompted to enter the master password more often maybe a couple of weeks ago. Up to then, there was no problem. The frequency of the prompts doesn't display an obvious pattern.

• rwarwa Junior Member

Same issue

7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003)
    M1 MacBook Pro

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited December 2020

The issue is being looked into by the developers. Hopefully, they can address this issue soon. I wish I had better news to share.

• Same issue. Being asked for master password more frequently than every 2 weeks (despite settings). Pattern is not obvious but has often been once a day.

1Password 7
    Version 7.7 (70700015)
    1Password Store

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H15)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

(Aside from that, awesome product. Keep it going!)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for letting us know your experience as well @damienh, hopefully our developers will be able to address this soon :+1:

• I'm also experiencing this issue.

1Password 7
    1Password Beta

macOS Big Sur v11.0.1
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
    2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Thanks!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the system information as well @shelbourn :+1: And thank you also for your patience while our developers investigate this :)

• @ag_ana You're very welcome! Thanks for such an awesome product! :smile:

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

We appreciate the kind words @shelbourn :)

• I had the App Store version with touch and watch enabled. The pop-up happened every time. I turned touch/watch off, deleted and reinstalled from the 1Password Store. Updated to 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-3 (70701003) and re-enabled touch and I am not getting the pop-up any longer. Big Sur 11.0.1 2017 Macbook Pro 13-inch

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited December 2020

The developers have released a new 1Password beta 7.7.1 beta 4 that we hope resolves those pesky issues you have been facing once and for all. Please update and let us know how it goes.

• Problem still exists with 7.7.1.BETA-4

• Same problem on:
    Version 7.7.1.BETA-4 (70701004)

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited December 2020

@mtissington and @iamecho

Can you try the following and let me know if you continue to experience issues?

1. Disable Touch ID and/or Apple Watch unlock in 1Password Preferences > Security and in System Preferences
    2. Check for and install any available macOS updates.
    3. An SMC reset. https://support.apple.com/HT201295 (* if applicable to your device)
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Setup your unlock method(s) again.
  • @ag_tommy Worked for me! Thanks.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

Outstanding!

• I installed beta 4 and and updated my OS to Big Sur 11.1 yesterday and so far it seems like the problem has been resolved for me!

• No improvement with 7.7.1-BETA-4 (70701004) on my 10.15.7 MBP.

• My AppleWatch worked fine to unlock 1Password last week with beta 4. Now it is not. And I have to enter the master password EVERY time I launch. I've got preferences set to ask for password once a week. I have an M1 Mac mini, so it's not a TouchBar issue: I either have to use my Watch (great function, thank you!) or type in manually.

• XipperXipper Junior Member

I am on an M1 Mini and have been having this problem since Beta4 updated, it is very frustrating. I have tried all of the steps outline, rebooting, resetting Apple Watch unlock, resetting SMC, etc.

• I don't want to jinx it, but since I originally reported the early failure of 70701004, the overly frequent prompts to re-enter the password seem to have slowed down or even stopped.

• And ... 1Password is once again asking to use my AppleWatch to unlock. What happened here? Why are things working again?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file