i have 1password 6 standalone and i bought a new android phone, can I keep it or I have to upgrade?

dlucas2408
dlucas2408
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Android

I have 1 password 6 license on 2 Macs that runs os el capitan an one that runs Catalina also an android phone. I'm connected to my data through 1password opvault in dropbox.

I bought new samsung A31 android phone Android 10, One UI 2.5 and use Samsung Switch to transfer my data.
When I try to open 1 password on my new A31 it shows 1password 7.

Can I keep 1 password 6 or am I stuck with th only option of 1password 7 and paying a monthly fee?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx capitan 10.11.6 (15G31)
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:i have 1password 6 standalone and i bought a new android phone, can I keep it or I have to upgrade?

Comments

• Hey @dlucas2408. Both 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 7 for Android support the OPVault format that's required in 1Password 7, so you shouldn't have any problems syncing between the two versions as long as your data is in the 1Password.opvault format on both. If your data is in the older Agile Keychain format, 1Password for Android will upgrade it, and you'll just need to sync with this new vault on Mac.

That said, with an account, you wouldn't need to worry about the difficulties you're encountering now, since your data will be synced and backed up automatically. You'd also be able to use 1Password on all of your devices, not just Android devices, and upgrade on all devices, so you're always using the latest version.

Because we greatly appreciate your continued loyalty, I would be more than happy to offer you a discount towards a 1Password membership. Let me know if you're interested, and I'd love to share the next steps with you.

• dlucas2408
    dlucas2408
    Community Member

Dear Peri, thanks for your prompt response! Will I be able to keep/download 1Password 6 in my new phone or do I have to switch to 1Password 7?

• dlucas2408
    dlucas2408
    Community Member

Please let me know my alternatives and what benefits would I be getting for being a loyal 1Password user.

• Hey @dlucas2408, if you decide you'd like to try out a 1Password account, then upgrading to 1Password 7 will be free!

As for the discount, please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com for details. With your email, include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117725/i-have-1password-6-standalone-and-i-bought-a-new-android-phone-can-i-keep-it-or-i-have-to-upgrade
    • Your forum username: dlucas2408

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here, so we can help you move forward with membership perks. Thanks in advance!

• dlucas2408
    dlucas2408
    Community Member

Hello as requested the support ID is
    [#SGQ-54617-973]

• dlucas2408
    dlucas2408
    Community Member

what are the next steps?

• @dlucas2408 Thank you for emailing us. One of my coworkers will respond to you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.