1Password for Linux Beta 0.9.8

SavanniSavanni

Team Member
edited January 19 in Linux Beta

Hello, everyone! Welcome to 2021!!! 🎊

It's been a month since our last release, but we kept on working right up until we all went on break, so this week we have a feature-packed release for you. 🎆

Item editing is seeing a lot of improvements with date fields and concealed credit card numbers. The item list and vault list both have improved sorting, including improved sorting of non-English text. And then, we have some performance improvements that makes 1Password more responsive when performing expensive tasks.

Check out the release notes for a full list of updates.

Installing and upgrading

Go to the getting started guide for instructions on installing or updating 1Password.

As always, thank you so much for using 1Password and for all of the reports you send in that help us make our service better.

Comments

• Great to see progress! I eagerly anticipate each release to see what advancements are being made. Kudos.

I am very interested in knowing when we might expect to see:
    1) deleting items
    2) working Firefox extension (not 1Password X)

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited January 14

Hi @johann_koebbe,

I am very interested in knowing when we might expect to see:

We don't share ETAs as per our policy. It's very difficult to pinpoint any estimates.

1 ) deleting items

Deleting items I suspect will come after we finish the new item editor, item details viewer, and especially after we add the ability to create new items. We still have a lot of work to do in this area, including the ability to upload custom icons and file attachments.

2) working Firefox extension (not 1Password X)

At the moment, we only will be focusing on integrating with the 1Password X extension first.

• @MikeT

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I understand

At the moment, we only will be focusing on integrating with the 1Password X extension first.

Does that mean that if I have the 1Password X extension installed, choosing 'Open and fill' in the desktop app will (at some point) work as if it were the desktop-dependent extension? I'm using the 1Password X extension right now along side the desktop app, but I have to log into it separately and don't have any integration.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

@johann_koebbe

Does that mean that if I have the 1Password X extension installed, choosing 'Open and fill' in the desktop app will (at some point) work as if it were the desktop-dependent extension?

Correct and the lock state will be in sync as well, so unlocking the desktop app will unlock the extension as well and vis versa.

• @MikeT

Oh, that sounds great! Really looking forward to it. Thanks again!

• Wow, thank! I will try new release. Sound great integration with X

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

@johann_koebbe @frenzi2012:

Not a problem! We're really looking forward to rolling out this functionality. :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file