Exporting Data

I am trying to export my data and cant find an export option.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am trying to export my data and cant find an export option.

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @DMBD1935! Welcome to the forum!

Are you following these instructions?

How to export data from 1Password

If you are, where exactly are you getting stuck?

• Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am attempting to follow the instructions you reference. I get stuck on item #3. When I right click on an item, there is no option to export.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@DMBD1935:

Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I have just tested this and I can see the Export... item in the menu that appears:

So it would be great to see what exactly you are seeing when you right click on an item.

• I can't seem to get the screenshot to record exactly what I see when I attempt to do as you appear to be doing. Exactly where did you right click to get that menu? I cannot duplicate what you show.!

When I right click on an item, I get my usual right click menu items such as Back, Forward, Reload, etc. When I take a screenshot, the right click menu does not show up in the screenshot.

• DMBD1935DMBD1935
    edited January 19

[removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]

• Above is the screenshot-I hope!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@DMBD1935:

I am using the 1Password for Windows desktop app, while you are on the 1Password.com website. Exporting can only be done from the app, so please download it from here.

I have also removed your screenshot for your privacy since it included your email address ;)

• Hi, I suggest that the 'How to export data from 1Password' title is amended with the word 'application', and the text either has a section that states it relates to the application or a sentence in the step-by-step instruction that makes it clear. The current wording - while unambiguous - is not straightforward to refer to the apps only.
    But if this is a rare problem for users, it may not be worth the trouble. ;-)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the suggestion @MSimon :+1::)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file