1Password X or classic extension?

MartijnnMartijnn
edited February 1 in 1Password in the Browser

I switched from Chrome to Firefox a few days ago and wanted to install the 1Password extension for Firefox. When I went to "https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers" I only saw 1Password X. I then started looking further and found the classic extension.

But now I wonder. Am I supposed to switch to 1Password X or does it not matter?

1Password Version: 7.7 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.1 (Big Sur)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Martijnn!

You can use the extension you prefer, but we do recommend giving 1Password X a try, as this is going to be the future of the 1Password extension :)

• The classic extension works so much better for me on macOS. X doesn't seem to have universal keyboard shortcuts, and doesn't actually work for autofilling my Google logins. Please keep the classic extension around!!!

• Nhat_NguyenNhat_Nguyen

Team Member

Hello @sbleon,

Thank you for your feedback. The classic extension is not going anywhere, for now, so please don't worry. However, 1Password X should work without issues on Google logins.

That said, if you want to give 1Password X another try, please let me know and we can continue from there.

• The real problem with 1Password X is that I can't seem to use my iCloud vault with it. Any ideas?

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@lef

1Password in the browser (formerly 1Password X) cannot make use of iCloud or other 3rd party synced vaults. You'll need to use the classic extension for that.

Get the 1Password classic extension

• are there plans to allow the new extension to work with touch id on mac os, or only the classic?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@mhelvey:

Our developers are working on it already :) Please see this announcement here in the forum for all the details:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

• i also would like to keep the classic extencion. It irritates me that i have to log in every time i start the browser. With classic extension you do not have to login if you are already logged in on the desktop app. When you create a strong password you cant change the suggestion that 1password suggest on the fly. No I much rather prefer classic

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Hey @donpeppi ,

We're working on integrating the new 1Password in the browser with the desktop app so you will be able to keep it unlocked just like you do with the Classic extension, so you'll be able to enjoy both worlds.

As for editing suggested passwords - you can definitely do that in the same manner you do it with the Classic extension - click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar when a password is being suggested on the page and you'll see the generator, where you can generate/edit your own password.

• Hallo
    Sounds perfect what you are working with. That would be amazing😀.

I will definitely check out the generate password thing once more. 😊

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Superb :chuffed::+1:

• Worked perectly :p Have not notices that "plus" sign before. Love it.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

We're glad to hear it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file