Ability to manually sort Related Items

The Windows app used to have the ability to order Related Items (in my case Related Items linked to a secure note).
That feature disappeared at some point and never came back.

While not being perfect as it was, now is really worse as linked items are getting a big mess in my case when I need to browse/find anything in there.
In my case, I use those to keep a trace of:

• Accounts/logins where my address is registered
  • Accounts/logins where my credit cards are registered
  • Accounts/logins where software licenses were purchased
  • Accounts/logins where Passwords (mostly secrets or access tokens) where created

I found a related issue which got closed without much feedback as I cannot "+1" on it (https://1password.community/discussion/103000/add-ability-to-manually-sort-related-items).
Tags were mentioned, I understand who they can help... but basically they require to create a duplicated entity of something that already exist to be able to link to it (duplicate entity as a Tag for my credit card, password, ...).

It looks like both features, Related Items and Tags, does half the job each but none of those do what I actually need...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Guidome if you focus related item label and press Alt+Up or Alt+Down it will change order of related items.

Sorry it remains hidden, we'll see what we can do to make it more discoverable.

• Guidome
    Guidome
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

Thanks for the help, but this is really not as user friendly as the up and down arrow that used to be display next related items, even not usable at all.

For every moves, I need to click in related item title to focus the field, then use keyboard to move it one time up or down. Then I need to repeat the process of clicking to focus and using keyboard for next move up or down.

When you have 50+ related items to order, imagine the process it is :/

• Totally agree, up and down buttons should have been there. We'll see what we can do.

50+ related items? wow, that's an interesting use case!

• Guidome
    Guidome
    Community Member

For example I link my identity item to any accounts I have using my postal address so that I know where to update it when I move-in a new place. This is why that number goes up pretty quickly :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the workaround!

• @Guidome

That totally makes sense! Thank you for helping us make 1Password better! 💙

This discussion has been closed.