What determines whether the 1Password autofill option appears on the page?

Noffica
Noffica
Community Member

In the case of smile.amazon.com, I see the option to autofill the username and password as shown here:

In the case of themoviedb.org, I see it like this:

but in the case of shaw.ca, I do not see the option to autofill right on the page:

I have the logins for all three saved in 1Password with their domain names stored in the website field

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.6.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Noffica!

The autofill extension is shown based on the URL of the website. Specifically, do you have any Login items in 1Password with "www.shaw.ca" as their website field?

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

Yes, I have the respective domain names stored in the website field for all three examples mentioned

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Noffica:

I have just created a test Login with www.shaw.ca as URL, and the autofill extension showed me this login as an option:

Does it work for you too if you create a new test Login (a separate one for this website, as a test)?

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    I was shown the autofill option like yours when I entered the exact full URL into the website field of the login

• @Noffica

If you happen to be asking about the Blue box and the item over the keyboard. I found this post from one of our developers.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/558918/#Comment_558918

We actually don't know why Safari does this. We don't have any say or control in what iOS decides to do there as it relates to being presented as the big blue button, nor the automatic submission behavior.

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

Yes, I suppose it doesn’t matter the appearance of the auto fill option as long as it appears

This discussion has been closed.