Details View in Beta 10 is not localized

peacekeeper
peacekeeper
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Dear Team,

in Beta 10 (and probably before) the details view in 1Password is not localized (at least not in German). Is this due to me running the Universal binary on a M1 Mac (I remember something about the Details View being a known issue) or is this unexpected?

If it's a known issue, could you maybe add a section for "known issues" in the beta, especially if it concerns issues that will be long going due to the ARM transition. This would (hopefully) reduce some duplicate issue reportings.

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend! :) (It's friday night where I live 8-))

1Password Version: 7.7.1 Beta 10 (ARM)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @peacekeeper,

can you post a screenshot of an example? i'm seeing german when i launch 1P in german.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Hi @rudy thanks for the quick reply. I attached some screenshots.

I think the "Edit"-Button should say "Bearbeiten" in German and the mouseover-texts should be localized as well. In my example I would expect "In separatem Fenster öffnen". :)

• @peacekeeper,

thanks, i'll take a look.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

@rudy, thanks a lot! The issue is still present in Beta 11, I just checked.

• @peacekeeper,

Yup, beta 11 went out before I replied to you. I found the cause, it has been this way since 7.7 shipped back in november, so it would have been that way ever since 7.6 shipped.

• @peacekeeper,

can you try beta-12?

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy, I will test it tomorrow and post my feedback here :). I am already in bed ;)

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Hi @rudy, in Beta 12 the localization is back.

However, I would recommend another wording for the mousover of the favorite-button. It currently says „Favoriten umschalten“ which is a rather odd translation because in English this would mean something like „switch favorite“. I would either recommend to only say „Favorit“ or make it aware of its status and say „Favorit hinzufügen“ if it is not currently a favorite and „Favorit entfernen“ if the item is currently a favorit. There is no really good way to translate „Toggle favorite“ to German unfortunately.

Sorry for being so picky but it‘s my native language 8-)

• @peacekeeper

I'm glad to hear that the localization returned. I'll be happy to pass along your comments to the team for those translations.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member

Thanks again @ag_tommy and @rudy! :)
    Now I‘m running 7.8 and will stick with the stable channel for now since it added Apple Silicon support :+1:

• Great catch on the M1 support. :)

This discussion has been closed.