Can't scan QR codes for two-factor on Windows, what am I missing?

Options

I have been using 1password for awhile, but I can't figure out how to get the QR code scanner to work on my Windows machine. On Mac it worked just fine, what am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chupon
    chupon
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind, I didn't read these instructions properly. It's a little less intuitive than on Mac. Any plans to update the Windows client to be a bit more friendly?

https://support.1password.com/one-time-passwords/?windows#to-save-your-qr-code-in-the-apps

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chupon!

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that you managed to get to the bottom of this already :+1: Our Windows developers are always working on making the app better :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• chupon
    chupon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana

After I posted I went ahead and scanned the rest of the ones I could. I guess now it make a bit more sense. I think the only thing I was missing was something a bit more obvious at the top of each entry, kind of like how the Mac version lets you select the QR code right from the Purple banner.

• Blake
    Options

@chupon

Ah, I can definitely see how the slight differences in how the QR Reader in 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows could easily throw you off there.

I'll definitely pass your experience and feedback along to the team; like Ana said -- we're always working hard to find ways to make 1Password better each and every day. 💙

• chupon
    chupon
    Community Member
    Options

Yea thanks @Blake . Once I got the hang of how to perform the steps in Windows it's actually a bit better because it just automatically scans the entire screen. It was the initial, "where do I do this?" that threw me off. :) :p

• Blake
    Options

Trust me, I totally understand! I'm glad you got everything figured out, though!

Feel free to reach back out to us at any point in the future with any other questions you might have, we're here for you! 💙

This discussion has been closed.