Global shortcuts for 1password in Linux

Hi,

Does the recently released 1Password for Linux already support global shortcuts (like Cmd + Alt + / in Mac) to open, search for and copy passwords? I've looked for information on this in the help and support pages but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 8.0.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.02
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @ffmmjj, welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

Yes, we have a full set of keyboard shortcuts ready to rock, right out of the gate. :smile:

To track them down, click the help bubble in the top-right corner of the app, followed by Keyboard Shortcuts - another option is to use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + k to open the list of shortcuts.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any other questions! :smile:

• Thanks @Dayton_ag .

I can see in the shortcuts list that there's one for "Show 1Password" mapped to Ctrl + \ but I can't seem to make it work on Ubuntu - I've also checked that this is not mapped to anything else at the system level so I don't think it's conflicting with another shortcut.

Were I supposed to be able to just press Ctrl + \ and pop 1password open from anywhere? Or should this shortcut actually mean something else?

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

@ffmmjj

After testing this out myself on my own Ubuntu machine this evening, I ran into the same issue as you.

I've gone ahead and made our development team aware so we can take a look at what's going on here. We will update you here as soon as we know more.

• Thanks @Blake, looking forward for this fix :)

• roustemroustem AgileBits Founder

Team Member
    edited May 19

I believe the new default is Ctrl-Shift-\

We need to fix the help window.

• @Blake , @roustem .. this is a real nice piece of software. You did a great job on that!

I am working with a German keyboard layout. With that layout some key combination are really hard to work with.
    One is Ctrl-\ (secondary level, AltrGr+ß).. so I'd appreciate any possibility to use an alternative shortcut or even to define my own .. (e.g. function keys).

Team Member

Thank you, @basurerito!

It is possible to change the hotkey if you edit the config file. See this post:
    https://1password.community/discussion/120877/change-hot-key#latest

No need to restart the app after changing the config file!

• @roustem -
    Thanks for the link to the solution..

just as I said: you did a great job 👍🏻😆.

Team Member

Thank you ❤️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file