Copy passwords under pure Wayland

I'm running 1Password on linux under pure Wayland (no XWayland) and for the most part it "just works" - the only thing missing is actually copying items using the in-app Copy function. Doing so results in this error

ERROR 2021-06-22T08:14:57.096 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:op-app/src/app/backend.rs:184] AppError { error: <redacted>, human_readable_label: None, cause: None }
(node:5536) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: {"error":"OpeningClipboard(X11ClipboardError(XcbConn(ClosedParseErr)))","humanReadableLabel":null}
(Use `1password --trace-warnings ...` to show where the warning was created)
(node:5536) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag `--unhandled-rejections=strict` (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 2)
(node:5536) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I'm guessing because 1Password uses an X11 clipboard API which isn't available in Wayland. I know this setup is officially unsupported but since it /mostly/ works, it'd be awesome to get this last little bit done!

wayland 1.19
wayland-protocols 1.21
sway 1.6
wl-clipboard 2.0.0

1Password Version: 8.0.34
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member
    edited June 22

Hey @ccakes, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! I've reached out to the Development team to pass this feedback along and to see what can be done in this case. Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

ref: /dev/core/core/#8258

• Thanks for the response! For anyone having the same issue, you can edit the item and copy-paste fine from those input fields. It's only the built-in copy function that doesn't work :)

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Oooh, awesome! Thanks for sharing that workaround! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file