Feedback related 1Password 8

Options
  1. Security: 1Password 8 provided autofill functionality like Chrome or Safari, it's nice. But, TBH, the most different thing between 1Password and Chrome password manager is: 1Password required a Master Password each time basically. So no one can log in to third-party websites with my credentials if she/he uses my computer accidentally. Besides, Chrome autofill is really unsafe, you can literally open the Dev Tools to get all the passwords.
  2. Accessibility: Maybe it's my mistake, I still don't know how to use the cmd+\ shortcut for the native 1Password client. As for the extensions, please provided the same shortcut if the user doesn't need the autofill functionality.

1Password Version: Mac 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Big Sur 11.5.1

Comments

• Thank you for the feedback, @Jeremy_Real !

1. If you are using 1Password 8 with the browser integration enabled then the both the main app and the browser extension will lock and unlock at the same time. This is controlled by the Preferences > Browser > Connect with 1Password in the browser setting.

2. The new inline menu that 1Password shows in the browser makes the keyboard shortcut less useful, in my opinion. At the same time, the keyboard shortcut one the most requested features and we are looking at how we could bring in back.

I hope this helps, please let me know!

• Jeremy_Real
    Jeremy_Real
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply, @roustem

1. Yup, Connect with 1Password is enabled. There is a bug that the extension is not locked while the main app has been locked.

After consideration, I should make it clear. The autofill functionality, which displaced the cmd+\ shortcut, is really convenient, and it behaves the same as in my Android phone. But the difference is the 1Password Android client will require a fingerprint or Master Password while filling password. If 1Password Mac client requires Touch ID or Master Password while filling the password, that would be both-win for accessibility and safety.

Please consider the scenario if I lent my computer to my colleagues for 5 minutes, he basically get all my information currently.

• slessardjr
    slessardjr
    Community Member
    Options

@roustem I just had to create an account because 1Password means so much to me. I've been a supporter since you launched and I adopted to the 1Password.com (eventually getting a family account) when they first launched.

The move to election is disgusting. Right now to run 1Password the app as well as 1Password for Safari it is consuming 516 MB of memory across all processes. That is INSANE.

Also, 1Password Mini was super helpful for entering your password into other apps (like Discord). I could see the OTP right there. Now with one password what I used to do with 1 click, now takes 4 and multiple screens to do it.

If the quality goes down, I will migrate my vault and I will stop recommending 1Password.

• phlaym
    phlaym
    Community Member
    Options

Count me in as another incredibly disappointed macOS user! The main reason I went with 1P in the first place is it’s excellent native Mac app. Please don’t throw this out of the window!

• rob
    Options

Hey, @Jeremy_Real. We added Command-\ back this week, so hopefully that's working for you now. We still have a thing to wire up when there are multiple options to fill, but that should be coming soon.

As for auto-locking, I'm not completely following your scenario. 1Password on the Mac has always remained unlocked for a certain amount of time. You can customize that amount of time, but we've never required you to enter your password every time you use the app.

@slessardjr I'm glad to hear you've been a 1Password fan for a while. Regarding memory, I know we're looking into some edge cases right now. The app is sitting around 190 MB for me, and 1Password 7 is sitting around 160 MB, so I haven't noticed a huge difference myself, but we know that hasn't been true for everyone.

As for 1Password mini, we're still working on its replacement, called Quick Access. It should be available now, but it's very much in progress and a pretty recent addition.

@phlaym we'll be trying our best not to let you down. There's certainly still more to do, and we appreciate the feedback along the way.

This discussion has been closed.