1Password has encounterd a problem

Options

I'm running demo version on Windows 7...created a 1password folder in my dropbox and everything was working fine from my home PC and cell phone. Then I get to work this morning and install 1password (Windows 7) and point it to my 1password folder in my dropbox and get this message:

1Password has encounterd a problem
Unable to unlock 1Password Data

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling 1Password and dropbox but continue to have the problem. Could this possible be due to running a demo mode version? Any other pointers? If I can't get this going at work, it is kinda a show stopper for me using 1Password.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you sure the master password you're using is correct?

• sjborton
    sjborton
    Community Member
    Options

Yep...entered it multiple times and confirmed it via cell phone app. In my dropbox, I have a "1Password" which contains a "1Password.agilekeychain" folder...when I installed 1Password at work, I selected already created file and selected this "1Password.agilekeychain" folder which is accepted.

Could there be an issue dealing with a corporate firewall?

• sjborton
    sjborton
    Community Member
    edited March 2013
    Options

More info...I tried using the 1PasswordAnywhere feature by clicking on the 1Password.html file in the 1Password key chain folder. It failed, in Chrome which I learned isn't fully supported so I tried it in Firefox and got 'A problem occurred when loading the "file:///C:/Users/.../Documents/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.'

Are there any other log files I can supply that might be helpful or other debug actions I can do to resolve this issue?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The message you mentioned in your first post indicates that the master password that unlocks the data folder you are trying to unlock has not been entered correctly. Is it possible that 1Password for Windows is not pointed to the same data folder that you are trying to unlock via the 1PasswordAnywhere feature?

Let's start there, though. I think that is a good place to start. Please be sure to access 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website, though, to avoid the local file restrictions in Chrome. You can get around the local file restrictions in Chrome with a command line switch, but it's much simpler to just access 1PasswordAnywhere via the Dropbox website as described in the User Guide.

1. Log into the Dropbox website in your browser.
    2. Via the Dropbox web interface, open the 1Password.html file inside 1Password.agilekeychain.
    3. Enter your master password.

Are you able to unlock the data folder via 1PasswordAnywhere?

Do you have more than one 1Password data folder in your Dropbox folder (or anywhere else on your hard drive)? I'm wondering if 1Password has somehow been [mis]directed to a different data folder than the one you are expecting to unlock.

• sjborton
    sjborton
    Community Member
    Options

Ah....I'm embarrassed to say that this was an operator error. Everything is working as expected and I've purchased a license. Great Product!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well, and thanks for purchasing a license. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.