Is this still possible? What am I missing? :chuffed:

1Password Version: 8.2.2-6.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• 1P_Claudio
    edited August 2021

Hey @Laffer thanks for checking in!

Custom icons are not yet implemented for 1Password 8 but it's on our to-do list and you can expect to see this coming as we continue development.

I hope you're enjoying 1Password 8 so far and appreciate you taking time to let us know you are looking forward to custom icons! I've provided your feedback to our development team. :)

ref: dev/core/core#1301

• Laffer
    Laffer
    Community Member

Ok, thanks for the quick reply!

Yea, I especially love the new Dark Mode - and the icons look cleaner without a box surrounding them, in my opinion. (as far as I can tell from the behavior of some of them)

Looking forward to customizing the look with my own icons!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Laffer:

Yea, I especially love the new Dark Mode - and the icons look cleaner without a box surrounding them, in my opinion. (as far as I can tell from the behavior of some of them)

Thank you for the kind words!

Looking forward to customizing the look with my own icons!

:+1: :)

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Will we have the opportunity to open/close the "tags"? Almost like a folder structure… At the moment, I don't think its possible. And possibly, see how many passwords/documents you have stored in each tag as well?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DitchComfort:

I think both of these are topics that our developers have been discussing, yes :+1:

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Thank you 😊

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @DitchComfort :)

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

I feel less disappointed with 1P8 (and all the decisions you guys had to make) for every day I’m using and playing around with the app. I have faith in your development and polishing of the app going forward.

• Thanks for saying so, @DitchComfort. :) One of the purposes behind doing the Early Access was to get customer feedback early enough in the process that we could prioritize our efforts better based on demands.

Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DitchComfort:

One follow up about the tags section: in the latest beta of 1Password for Mac, it looks like you can already collapse and expand the tags section by clicking on the little arrow on the left:

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

I think most people just give some foolish feedback without even trying the new beta. When they hear Electron, you have already lost the battle.

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Only the header (Tags). I was thinking about a hierarchy-like tags, so you can show/hide different levels of tags… Say you are two/three levels deep.

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

If you treat the tags almost like folders.

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

I know custom icons are not yet implemented for 1Password 8 but why can it not generate the same icons from 1Password.com? Because some of them are custom or uploaded by me in 1P7? I want to be able to change icons sooooo bad 😜 driving me crazy.

Any cool/major updates to this nightly build?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DitchComfort:

Only the header (Tags). I was thinking about a hierarchy-like tags, so you can show/hide different levels of tags… Say you are two/three levels deep.

Oh I see what you mean now, got it!

I want to be able to change icons sooooo bad

This is another request that your developers are aware of, so I have added you to the list there too :)

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Are custom icons back in any of the latest updates? I’m not currently on the beta.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @DitchComfort, sorry. I recommend keeping an eye out on the release notes for any updates about this in the future :+1:

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Do you have a URL to the release notes for macOS?

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Thank you @Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome :+1:

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Oooooh please give us the custom icons soon 😜

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Oooooh please give us the custom icons soon 😜

I'm also waiting for the implementation of custom icons @DitchComfort . It was one of the first feature requests when 1PW8 EA for Windows started.
    Yesterday, I removed 1PW8 and installed 1PW7 only to change icons of all my newly created entries, although I'm not able to see them in 1PW8. But I'm able to see them in the 1Password in the browser extension and on iOS. ;)
    After changing icons, I switched back to 1PW8 nightly build again. And every day after a new nightly build was installed, the first thing I do is to look if custom icons are supported again... :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We will do our best :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I know @ag_ana ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:)