I didn't even realize I had the beta version of the browser extension installed, but was unpleasantly surprised by todays update. For now I have reverted to the regular build and very happy with that, but I hope some points do get adjusted before the changes get released and thought I might as well drop some feedback here. Some (hopefully constructive) feedback:
- The worst point was definitely the font that was way too small. Since the extension doesn't support zoom either, that really becomes a problem. It'd be really disappointing if the font were to get smaller than it is in the current design.
- I disliked the action buttons for items (Edit, scan QR, etc) tucked away after a second click.
- I missed the behavior of the extension closing after clicking Copy on an item.
- I personally disliked the font in general, as it's hard to read for me. While I understand your desire for a unified design, it's a shame this goes at the cost of some accessibility. Maybe if the font gets a bit bigger again (see point #1), this point will get less relevant, as the font isn't ugly, just unreadable.
- [very subjective] I disliked the full-height white separation line between the item info and Autofill button in the sidebar. It makes it seem like two separate parts; why not give that line a bit of padding so there aren't two 'blocks' but there is still separation between the 'button' and 'info' area?
To end on a positive note, the unlock screen looks nicer now, I noticed that immediately That was all, hope this maybe helps? Thanks for reading.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.0 beta
OS Version: macOS 11.4