1Password for Linux AArch64 / M1 for Linux

Any chance you will be rolling out a build for the 1Password for Linux app built for AArch64 on Linux?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Hi @MatthewPackwood, thanks for this question. While we don't have any news to announce on this right now, I have added your request to our internal discussion around this topic. We appreciate you letting us know that this support is something that matters to you!

ref: dev/core/core#2418

• @PeterG_1P No worries, I just figured we are going to see some people moving to Arch with the "whole M1" thing, Ubuntu seems to be going in that direction.

• SavanniSavanni

Team Member

We're reviewing this. My team has done some early experiments and run into troubles getting a cross-compiler toolchain set up on our x86 machines. As such, we're still trying to figure out our strategy for moving forward.

I'm hoping that with AArch64 becoming suddenly so much more common, the tools will advance pretty rapidly in the near future. Given what people are saying, I'm hoping to start seeing those processors in Thinkpads when it's time for me to upgrade again. :)

• baluptonbalupton
    edited September 5

I've been setting up my boomer relatives with Raspberry Pi 400s as their 10 year old Windows PCs are expiring. Unfortunately, 1Password desktop app isn't available for the Raspberry Pi. I've got them using the firefox extension now, however the UX of the native app would make more sense to them. Got the 1password native app going on ubuntu on a 2010 iMac, and is definitely easier for them to grasp.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file