Browser extension stuck on 'Unlocking'

Options

So I installed the 1Password 8 early access for Mac yesterday. The app itself works fine, great job! I also installed the beta extension in Edge, however, whenever I want to unlock it by clicking on the extension's icon, it will correctly launch the 1Password app and prompt me to authenticate, after which it shows 'Unlocking' in the browser extension which never goes away. Anyone else experiencing this? If I quit the app and restart it manually, it seems to work fine if I then click on the extension icon again.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-19.BETA
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2

Comments

• @pvanberlo

Are you able to reliably reproduce the unlocking issue? Have you noticed if it's particularly prominent after a restart or waking your Mac from a sleep state? If you open and unlock 1Password before launching Edge, does the issue persist?

Whatever detail you can provide would be helpful to pin down the behaviour you're seeing.

• pvanberlo
    pvanberlo
    Community Member
    Options

So it basically happens every single time, unless I manually open 1Password before I click on the button in the browser. If I don't do that, it'll start 1Password anyhow and asks me to authenticate, right after the Unlocking screen is shown. If I close 1Password, manually start it again, and then click on the icon in the same browser session, it'll work just fine. If you want I can record my screen and put it up somewhere so you can see what happens?

• @pvanberlo

It might be useful for us to have a look at where the connection is struggling. I'd like to ask you to grab some logs and diagnostics from your Mac:

Attach the console log and diagnostics to an email and send them to us at support+x@1password.com. One of our team members will have a look and let you know what we find.

This discussion has been closed.