New early access update is now available

Options

Happy Monday, everyone! 👋

This week’s update is #80202039 and there’s a lot packed into this release. Let’s take a lookie-see to see what's inside. 👀

Security keys 🔐

You can now use security keys, like YubiKey or Titan, as your second factor when adding new accounts or reauthorizing devices. 🙌🏼

If you haven’t enabled your security key on your 1Password account yet, here’s how:

Learn how to set up a security key, like YubiKey or Titan, so you can use it for two-factor authentication in 1Password.

Note that you can still use standard one-time passwords when needed, such as on devices that do not support security keys, or incase you lose your dongle.

Advanced search filters 🔎

Technically we started adding filters a few weeks ago but today’s update expands the places where they can be used. Now that they’re better than ever I thought it a good time to show how awesome filters are. Here they are in action:

The =vault:$name and =tag:$name are likely to be the most popular but you can also use =category:$name to filter by category and =favorite to only include items that are marked as a favourite.

All names are case sensitive and we do our best to support spaces and other special characters within names. In a future update we’ll add support in the UI itself for constructing the advanced search.

Navigation buttons ⬅️ ➡️

Today’s release brings back the Back and Forward navigation buttons! 😍

I say "brings back" as we had these buttons early in development process and needed to remove them temporarily while we sorted a few things out. I’m super excited they’re back as they make navigating around 1Password so much nicer.

I find the back button especially lovely when I’m editing an item and need to copy something from another item. Now I can go find the second item, open it in a new window, and then press the back button to return to where I was. ⚡️

Other notable highlights in this release include:

• Tons of Quick Access improvements
  • Turn any Password item into a Login item by simply adding a username
  • Opening release notes from the About screen and What’s New menu take you directly to the appropriate changelog

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS, Windows, and Linux. Or, select the What’s New button from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. 🙏🏻🤗

Installation

If you enjoy being on the bleeding edge and providing feedback and bug reports, you can get early access for your favourite platforms here:

Have fun and thank you for helping us shape the future of 1Password. Enjoy! 🥰

This discussion has been closed.