1Password steals the focus from the 1P extension in Safari

Options

I have 1Password set to NOT integrate with the browser extensions (I didn’t want to have the constant poppers on top of each other, the switching back and forth between browser and app, the slow response…).

Despite that, when I click on the extension button in Safari and try to unlock, 1Password still launches up on my Mac (no visible window but it’s on the Dock), and steals the focus from Safari. That means that I can’t simply click on the Safari icon and unlock with my passcode, I need to use my mouse to click back in Safari in the input field to be able to type my passcode :-\

Does 1Password really need toped up every time? And if yes, could there be a way to make sure the focus is not stolen away from eh input field?

Corentin

1Password Version: 80202042
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: 12.0

Comments

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

I figured out what was going on.

I had disabled integration between 1Password and the browser in the app itself, but it turns out I had to do so int he extension settings as well!
    Short of that, the extension in Safari was trying to communicate with he app and bringing it to the front (windowless).
    Now that it’s disabled on both fronts, everything is fine again nd the app no longer steals the focus :-)

Corentin

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Now that it’s disabled on both fronts, everything is fine again nd the app no longer steals the focus :-)

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community @cortig!

This discussion has been closed.