zScaler, man in the middle

Hello,

my company is rolling out zScaler which is a cloud based "Firewall" that also opens up tls connections by issuing a *.1password.eu/com/ca intermediate certificate.

My question are:
1. Will the 1Password for windows and the browser plugin still work? (Or is the certificate replacement detected?)
2. Are my data still safe?

Best regards,

Oliver

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• shaywood
    shaywood
    1Password Alumni

Oliver,

1Password 7 for Windows and the browser plugin should continue to work even with the TLS person-in-the-middle that is being done by zScaler. 1Password 8 for Windows will not work at this time.

1Password uses two layers of encryption for your data so our E2E encryption is not dependent on TLS. The second layer of encryption is built on your Master Password and Secret Key, which only you posses. If you would like to learn more about our E2E encryption or potential attacks by a person-in-the-middle, please take a look at the 1Password Security Design paper. In particular, read the Transport Security and Crypto over HTTPS sections of the paper.

Thanks,
    Stephen

• JoshuaGuy
    JoshuaGuy
    Community Member

@shaywood , Is there a timeline for when 1Password 8 for Windows will work with zScaler? Curiously the setup and sync seemed to work fine with 8 but then it stopped syncing. zScaler was running both times but if I disable zScaler it will sync correctly.

Thanks
    Joshua

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey Joshua,

We don't have an ETA or a timeline to share regarding support for this feature. It is best to stick to 1Password 7 for now.

This discussion has been closed.