[Anti-feature request] Please kill 1Browser

Options
digitpass
digitpass
Community Member
edited October 2021 in iOS

Hi,

Please give us an option to have links open in Safari by default when clicking on them. Or remove 1Browser entirely. :smile:

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @digitpass

This is something I've personally been wanting to happen for quite some time, as regardless of any other reasons to do so, 1Browser is the reason our app has to have a 17+ rating on the App Store. That said, we get a lot of flak when we remove features, even with good reason. It is definitely something we're evaluating for future versions of 1Password.

Ben

• brank
    brank
    Community Member
    Options

With the removal of Share Sheets, 1Browser is the only way I can use 1password on iOS anymore. I haven’t had time to play with alternative password managers and am still using 1password, albeit much more slowly, through 1Browser. Removing this feature effectively kills 1password for me entirely.

The use case that doesn’t apply to any 1password staff so they didn’t see the issue with killing share sheets is having 2 or more logins for the same website. I have a business and a personal Amazon account, for example. Autofill can’t auto fill if it doesn’t know which of the two I want to fill.

Share sheets let me pick the login I wanted to use manually. Now, 1Browser is the only way to use 1password.

• Ben
    Options

@brank

I have a business and a personal Amazon account, for example. Autofill can’t auto fill if it doesn’t know which of the two I want to fill.

If you turn off 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill > Show Usernames and Websites then the 1Password UI will be used for AutoFill, and the 1Password UI can show titles. This should make it much easier to differentiate between items.

Ben

• digitpass
    digitpass
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

@Ben @brank

I understand that others may use 1Browser, and that removing features tends to upset users. I wasn't being serious about removing it - though I wouldn't mind if it were gone. :smile:

I was requesting an option to have links open directly in Safari by default.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for safari being the default. Or at least an option to make it the default

• RichieB
    RichieB
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for an option to make Safari the default browser

• Giolon
    Giolon
    Community Member
    Options

I currently use the 1Browser for its ability to spoof the agent string. Setting it to Safari(Mac) lets me bypass some sites that otherwise say they won't work for mobile.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

We tend to keep future plans pretty close to the chest. What I can say here is that we're planning on keeping 1Browser as-is in 1Password 7 but that we'll take another look as we move into 1Password 8.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.