File attachments from documents

Glad to see file attachments has returned to 1p.

Can we convert a document to a file attachment? Or do we have to import the file again. I have photos of my passport, driver's license etc. as documents and want to attach as files to the record.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• edited October 6

Not an answer to your question, but re-importing my standalone vault into 1p.com has added files as attachments

I'm not a main 1p.com subscription user so for me I just deleted my 1p.com vault and re-imported everything from standalone. All cleaned up now

• Actually I take that back. The experience has been very bad for me.

Re-importing through the 'migrate my account' option on the Mac app has caused all items to be imported, but without attachments.
    So I went in again, deleted everything, and this time instead of using 'migrate my account' I just selected everything and hit 'Copy To Vault'

This time all the items have an attachment that states 'download required', but when I click on it I get 'Failed to download content, no document exists in either pending or to be downloaded item'.

• DenalBDenalB
    edited October 6

Hi @rlgleason51 !

Can we convert a document to a file attachment?

It seems to me that this is not possible. I just downloaded all of my documents and re-imported them into the matching entries as file attachments.

• Sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks to all who responded.

So far, I've attached over 20 of my documents as files.

I sure did miss File Attachments.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file