Adding file as attachment or linking to a document (related file)

Options
igeneo
igeneo
Community Member

Hello, was just cleaning up a little this morning and had never considered adding a file directly to an entry instead of as a “related” item.

Example… currently I have a scanned image of my passport in my “Documents” and I link it to my passport entry. Would there be any advantage of just adding it as a “file” to the passport entry instead? Seems as though I’d lose the functionality of linking (related) the document to multiple entries? I do like that I can have my passport item linked to my Passport document, as well as to my Global Entry card.

Also.. it may be a moot point, since it’s appears I cannot currently add “related” items in using the iOS (iPad) app?

Thoughts?

*Finally… would be really great to have a setting or at least a “button” in the setting sections to automatically download all files in the document store? Or… at minimum have a ⭐️ Next to the items that have been downloaded? New phone and I had to go to each file in the Documents store one by one… and it was a little frustrating when I lost track of what had been down loaded.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.