Safari integration broken in 80400008 (on NIGHTLY channel)

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

Safari integration is completely broken in 80400008 (on NIGHTLY channel):

• 1Password in Safari remains locked whatever I do
  • "Open 1Password" button in Safari does not open the main App

1Password Version: 8.4.0 (80400008 Nightly)
Extension Version: 2.13
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6

Comments

• @XIII

If you haven't already, can you try the following and let me know if it resolves the issue?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, toggle "Integrate with 1Password app" off and on again.

We'll then want to make sure we fully quit and relaunch both 1Password and your browser:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your macOS menu bar and choose Quit.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your Safari and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how that goes. I'll confirm if we need logs and diagnostics based on the outcome.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

This seems fixed in 80400021.

Behaviour is different then I used to know though:

Now I don't even have to select a 1Password entry; 1Password automatically fills in fields now?

• Great to hear things have resolved with the latest update @XIII.

Behaviour is different then I used to know though:
    Now I don't even have to select a 1Password entry; 1Password automatically fills in fields now?

What exact steps did you take to open and fill a page, and what response are you getting?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

I clicked on an input field and 1Password immediately filled in credentials, instead of offering me a selection after clicking on the 1Password icon.

The integration now seems completely broken again…

• @XIII

To troubleshoot this further I'd like to get some logs for our team to review. Could you please generate a diagnostic report from 1Password 8, grab the console logs from Safari, and send them to support+x@1password.com?

To get the console logs from Safari:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Select Safari > Preferences > Advanced in the menu bar.
    3. Enable Show Develop menu in menu bar.
    4. Select Develop > Web Extension Background Pages > 1Password for Safari.
    5. Click the Console tab at the top left of the page.
    6. Press Command + A to select everything, and then right click, Save as to generate a file.

To generate a diagnostic report open the 1Password app and select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics.

With your message please include a link to our current discussion. When you email in you should get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here, so we can connect the two.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It’s currently working again…

I’ll try to remember all this when/if it does not work again in the future.

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running the 1P8 Mac nightly, currently version 80400026. I noticed this problem earlier today, and did the steps in @ag_chantelle 's post from 10/22 (ie. turning integration off/on, quitting 1P and Safari), and now it is working again.

• Thank you for letting us know, @mirv. This one is certainly on our team's radar, and we're glad that the steps Chantelle offered worked for you!

This discussion has been closed.