Safari extension and multiple accounts

What is the current expected behavior when using multiple accounts with the Safari extension? I currently only see one of my two accounts I am signed into on the desktop app. I also see an option in the extension settings to add an account, but this doesn't work since it tries to load the desktop app.

1Password Version: 8.4.0 80400002, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: 12.0 Beta (21A5552a)

Comments

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

Worth mentioning it's also the Firefox extension.

• Craig.Pearlman_1P
    edited October 2021

Hi @greggmc, you are correct—they should all be there. For me, it's working correctly in both Safari and Firefox. Same version of the extension, but I'm on a much newer build (80400022, on the nightly channel; 80400019 is latest on the beta channel). Can you update to the latest version of the app (the beta channel is fine, no need to change to nightly yet), restart browser/app (and potentially toggle the "Connect with 1Password in the Browser" setting), and see if that fixes it?

If that doesn't fix it, can you update us with your current versions of the 1P app, 1P extension, macOS version, and Safari/Firefox version? That will help narrow it down.

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

Since posting this, I've updated to "80400010, on BETA channel", the same version in Safari/Firefox(version 2.1.3), same Monterey version(21A5552a).

• Thanks @greggmc. Are things working better with the updates, or are you still facing the same challenge? Did toggling the "connect with 1Password in the Browser" setting help?

Please let us know. Thanks.

Ben

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

No change with the updates. I only have a single account in the browser extensions but 2 in the desktop app.

• Okay; sorry to hear that. To troubleshoot this further I'd like to get some logs for our team to review. Could you please generate a diagnostic report from 1Password 8, grab the console logs from 1Password in the browser, and send them to support+forum@1password.com?

With your message please include a link to this thread. When you email in you should get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here, so we can connect the dots.

Ben

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

@Ben Email sent, ID is: [#CWR-33215-861]

• Thank you @greggmc! We'll be in touch via email ASAP.

Ben

ref: CWR-33215-861

• greggmc
    greggmc
    Community Member

To follow up here, in case someone else has this issue. Sharing the workaround support came up with. I had to disable "desktop app integration", on the browser extensions(Safari and Firefox). Then manually add the second account on each browser. Once that was done, I could re-enable "desktop app integration" and both of my accounts work. This is a regression in v8 that I hope gets fixed.

• Thanks @greggmc. I can see we're tracking the relevant issue internally as dev/core/core#10965. I appreciate the update.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#10965

This discussion has been closed.