Safari extension still using old shortcut

Options

I've changed the shortcut that locks 1Password to control-command-L but in Safari, the extension still locks 1Password when I type shift-command-L.

The reason I changed the shortcut is so that I can go back to using shift-command-L to show/hide the sidebar.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 12

Comments

• @gdhnz

I'm able to reproduce this issue. It appears that ⇧⌘L is a global shortcut that we register in the extension manifest, which appears to override the shortcut for showing the sidebar in Safari (regardless of what you have set in 1Password 8). I'll report this to our development team. Hopefully we can get this fixed up in an upcoming release. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

ref: dev/core/core#9365

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update to this? It's been almost 9 months and it's bloody annoying.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@gdhnz

Sorry, no, I'm afraid not. I can say the issue remains open. I have let the team know that this remains an area of importance for you.

• all14
    all14
    Community Member
    Options

Please also count me as someone who is very annoyed by this default keyboard shortcut. Cmd+Shift+L is a vital keyboard shortcut in Safari for accessing bookmarks, reading list, and managing tab groups. I hope the 1Password team can address this soon, or at least by the time 1Password 8 exits beta.

• Thank you for sharing this, @all14. I have passed the feedback on to our developers, and appreciate you letting us know these specifics.

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like this had been resolved as Cmd+Shift+L is now opening the Safari sidebar again but unfortunately my shortcut to lock 1Password is not working.

This discussion has been closed.