Is there any way to hide certain vaults on Safari and doesn't affect the 1Password App?

mr_nethead
mr_nethead
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Mac

👉 TLDR; I want to see all passwords on the 1Password app and hide certain vaults on certain browsers (extensions including Safari) 👈

I use different browsers for accessing different accounts. For example, if I use my personal accounts only on Firefox and my business accounts only on Chrome then I'll hide the business vault on Firefox and personal vault on Chrome so that you only have to deal with fewer login credentials while logging in to those websites (Let's say you have 3 personal accounts and 5 business accounts, that's the kind of situation I'm talking about).

Now the issue is if I hide a certain vault in the Safari extension it also hides it in the 1Password app's search results even when "All Vaults" is selected. It looks like the Safari extension is linked to the 1Password app so I just want to ask if there is any workaround to just hide the vault in the safari extension which doesn't affect the 1Password App's search results?

PS: I know it can be done on Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Brave, etc., browser extensions. I only have this issue with the Safari extension and also I just switched from Windows to Mac if that helps in any way.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 7.9.1
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mr_nethead!

Now the issue is if I hide a certain vault in the Safari extension it also hides it in the 1Password app's search results even when "All Vaults" is selected. It looks like the Safari extension is linked to the 1Password app so I just want to ask if there is any workaround to just hide the vault in the safari extension which doesn't affect the 1Password App's search results?

I am afraid I don't think this is possible: the Safari extension is directly connected to the 1Password for Mac app, so it cannot have separate settings for this, it uses the ones of the desktop app directly.

• mr_nethead
    mr_nethead
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

@ag_ana Can I expect a standalone 1Password extension for Safari anytime soon like the ones in Firefox and Chrome?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mr_nethead:

In 1Password 7, we have no plans to create a separate extension. 1Password 8 on Mac uses a Safari extension that is downloaded separately though, so perhaps this might be possible in the future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @harczuk! Perhaps this is something that the developers can consider in the future, it doesn't hurt to ask :)

This discussion has been closed.