Any way to eliminate Safari suggesting passwords?

Dennis Fahringer
Dennis Fahringer
Community Member

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I find it very annoying that when I'm on a webpage asking for a password, Safari (Apple Keychain?) interrupts with suggestions. Since I'm only relying on 1Password for passwords and typically only using Safari, is there anyway to "silence" Safari from doing that?

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro with the latest Safari, latest macOS and latest (just now) beta of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.9.2 Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dennis Fahringer!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I find it very annoying that when I'm on a webpage asking for a password, Safari (Apple Keychain?) interrupts with suggestions. Since I'm only relying on 1Password for passwords and typically only using Safari, is there anyway to "silence" Safari from doing that?

Yes, here are the instructions to do so:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

• mr_fixit
    mr_fixit
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

I have turned off all 4 options in Safari Preferences AutoFill tab, but Safari still splats its dialog on top of 1Password's.

(Safari Technology Preview, Release 137 (Safari 15.4, WebKit 17613.1.11.8))

• @mr_fixit,

If you've turned those 4 settings off in Safari Tech Preview's AutoFill Preferences then you might want to report this to Apple as that seems to be a bug in their handling of those settings.

This discussion has been closed.