Unable to use iOS safari extension to log in

jehrler
jehrler
Community Member

All I get is the lock icon which I can’t click on or a “open in 1Password” button that just opens the site in the 1P browser.

Even if 1P has been unlocked manually from the Home Screen I still have the “1P locked” symbol in password/username fields.

Help, how do I log in?

Comments

• Hi @jehrler:

The icon you're seeing is 1Password for Safari. It is unlocked separately from 1Password for iOS. To unlock 1Password for Safari, open Safari to any website and tap the Page Settings button (image) in the address bar, then tap 1Password to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password or Touch ID or Face ID if you've already unlocked 1Password for Safari recently. If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member

Yeah. That wasn’t working. But read that someone suggested turning the extension
    off and on and restarting safari and that worked.

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member

As you can see here there is no way to enter info to unlock.

• @jehrler

Can you try the following steps and let us know if it resolves the issue for you?

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

ref: dev/core/core#11334

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member

Issue was resolved by turning off extension and restarting Safari. Next time it happens I’ll try your suggestion

• ag_chantelle
    edited December 2021

@jehrler

Thanks so much for following up! In the meantime, we've reported this bug to our developers. If you do encounter any other issues, feel free to reach back out!

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Happened again. Went through the steps you outlined but when reached step 7 1Password for safari was already unlocked. So
    it started working again but didn’t require me to unlock. Not sure what that means but letting you know that something unexpected happened.

This discussion has been closed.