1Password 8: allow Quick Access shortcuts to be set -- insanity

Options

I use 1Password everyday, on both Windows and Mac (switching b/t the 2 w/ a virtual KVM).
The problem is that in Quick Access, the shortcuts are hard-coded and it's driving me insane b/c I can't make all shortcuts the same on both Windows and Mac 1Pwd 8.
1. I can bring up Quick Access w/ the same shortcut b/c it's set in the App Settings
2. I cannot set the Quick Access Keyboard Shortcuts shortcut b/c it's hard-coded (on Win Ctrl /, on Mac Cmd /). This stinks. So yeah I can just ignore the help here or just not use Quick Access.
3. It's exacerbated b/c I usually use forward slash "/" w/ a modifier key to Fill in Browser. It's muscle-memory and I dont' want to change it...so yeah, I can set this up in 1Password App settings, but of course it will overlap with one of the hard-coded Quick Access Shortcut Help settings, which that Quick Access shortcut not work at all.

So issue #2 is inconsistency. Issue #3 makes it so a short-cut doesn't work.
Yeah I could change 10yrs of muscle-memory.

Or maybe you could allow me to remap the Shortcut Help shortcut key.

1Password Version: 8 Beta
Extension Version: 2.1.14
OS Version: mac 11.5.2, windows 10
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard shortcut

Comments

• dule
    dule
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. The one that particularly annoys me is the shortcut for copy-password; I want to swap it with copy-primary-field (typically username). My philosophy is the more commonly used should be the simpler key-stroke binding. For a password-manager, copying the password should be occurring more than copying the username, so should get the CTRL + C binding.

• Thanks for the feedback, @edleft. I have appended your comments here to our internal discussion on how to improve shortcut customizability (and decrease conflicts) going forward. We appreciate you letting us know about how this impacts your workflow, and what you'd like to see from here!

ref: dev/core/core#12225

• andmade
    andmade
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I really need to change the Ctrl+Shift+C in particular. It is not easy for my hand to hit this particular combination of keys on my keyboard — very unwieldy. I would much rather change the letter to use the right hand (and perhaps remove the shift entirely). This is also the reason why I changed the default browser extension shortcut from X to L. Ctrl+Shift+X required too much hand-repositioning and contorting.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing your input on this, @andmade. Hopefully that is something we can make customizable in the future.

Ben

• courtneyanne
    courtneyanne
    Community Member
    Options

I would add that for years and years, the shortcuts to find & fill items from the browser have been the exact same as the desktop app. It's taking a lot of mental energy to remember to do the "⌘+Shift+X" when I'm in the browser vs. the normal "⌘+Shift+\" that now only pulls up Quick Access. Can we not still use ⌘+Shift+\ and it will open Quick Access (if you are NOT in the browser) or the browser extension (if you are in the browser)?

This discussion has been closed.