Do I need to upgrade my license to get 1Password 8?

2Β»

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@jazzman

πŸŽ‰πŸ˜€

One other thing.....do you shut down your browser every time you sign out of a website?

I generally don't sign out of websites or close my browser except for updates.

Ben

• @Ben

The reason I asked you that question is that I had the idea somehow that it was always wise to exit your browser when signing out of a website for security reasons. Any thoughts on that? Is that just incorrect info?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I believe that notion is likely a hold-over from HTTP Basic Authentication, which is no longer commonly used, outside of some niche situations:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

But I also don't find it necessary to log out of websites, generally at all, for my use case. As such your mileage may vary.

Ben

• @Ben

Good advice, Ben. Thanks. By the way, if you are an Apple guy, do you use 1Pass on your iOS devices?. Just wondering.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hey, sorry for the delay, @jazzman. I do use 1Password on a variety of Macs, an iPhone, and a few iPads.

Ben

• @Ben

Hey, Ben. Do you use it in your browser on your iOS devices just like your Mac? Using 1Pass in my browser has opened up a whole new world for me. It has simplified everything. I appreciate all the encouragement. :)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I use both 1Password for Safari and Password AutoFill, depending on which is more convenient/available at the time. But yes, 1Password for Safari has definitely been a game changer. :+1:

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file