Where is the password generator?

Options
124»

Comments

• mwade
    mwade
    Community Member
    Options

Seriously. It’s not like they have to build it from scratch. They already have the code.

• Hi folks, I apologize we don't have any updates regarding this feature at the moment. With that said, I'll pass your comments and feedback along to the relevant team.

Ali

• Johnzzz
    Johnzzz
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

+1 for this feature request, it was the first negative thing I noticed while installing Password 8 on a a couple new devices for our workers.

We all on the IT team use the standalone generator constantly, most of the times to generate login data that has no relation whatsoever with browser content (Windows AD user creation, network switches, WLAN Configs, IPsec tunnels, etc etc etc).

We'll keep delaying the update from 7 to 8 on our IT admin laptops, hoping the generator is brought back on future update =\

• Hello @Johnzzz,

Thanks for your +1. I'm sorry this has caused a negative experience and delays with updating from version 7 to 8, within your team.

This type of feedback is most important to us as it helps with further consideration when implementing features like this. I've updated our Product team to include the details provided about why the use of a standalone password generator is so important to you and your team.

If you have any other suggestions or additional feedback, please let us know!

ref: PB 36403381

• Castler75
    Castler75
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature request - the sole thing that LstPss had over this app in my view.

• SoulBroNo1
    SoulBroNo1
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Seriously, fix this. This is such a necessary feature. For all the issues that LP created, this was still way easier in their app. I can't understand how this can be open for two plus years and you all can't this done.

• Hey @Castler75, @SoulBroNo1 thanks for your feedback and +1s. I understand the importance of this feature for you.

Could you tell me a little more about how you would use this feature? For instance, are you often generating passwords that don't need to be associated with a particular login item? Any additional details about your use case would be greatly appreciated.

I can then pass those details a long to our product team for their consideration.

Ali

• Castler75
    Castler75
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for taking the effort to understand this need - to be honest the password generator in the Chrome app would meet my routine needs but yes I do sometimes have the need to be generating stand-alone passwords that right-clicking is simply the most convenient/slickest way of doing it.

• ag_mike_d
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks for including these additional details, @Castler75 I've passed this feedback along to the team,

ref: PB 36772129