Safari extension for iOS15 doesn't respect All Vaults setting

jvis
jvis
Community Member
edited November 2023 in iOS

I have removed some of my vaults from my all vaults setting in the app on iOS (plus on other devices/platforms). However, when using the Safari extension, logins from vaults that are supposed to be hidden still appear. Attempting to change settings for the extension opens the settings within the app where this change has already been made. Searching for a login within the app excludes the omitted vaults as expected. Seems to be a bug in the extension (and hopefully not a limitation).

I also see no way to select a vault, only an account.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.2

Comments

• Hello @jvis! 👋

I'm sorry for the confusion. At the moment 1Password for Safari doesn't allow you to choose a specific vault or to exclude certain vaults. It also doesn't honour the "All Vaults" settings from the main 1Password app. However this is something that our developers are looking into and I'll forward your request to them so that they're aware that you'd like to see this feature.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

ref: dev/core/core#10017

• jvis
    jvis
    Community Member

Thanks for confirming. I do appreciate getting this on the roadmap because it's a very important feature for me, especially the all vaults config. Is there anywhere to follow the progress on this item?

• @jvis Our feature request tracker is internal so I don't have a public-facing link to share. However the tracking number is 10017 and, if and when the feature is implemented, you'll be able to see this number listed in our release notes: 1Password for iOS Release Notes

Let me know if that helps. :)

• @jvis

Thank you for the feedback that you previously provided letting us know that you'd like to be able to choose which vaults are used by 1Password for Safari on iOS for suggestions. I'm happy to share that this feature is now available in 1Password for iOS! 🎉

If you haven't already, please make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS: How to keep 1Password up to date

Then follow these steps to choose which vaults you see in 1Password for Safari on iOS:

1. Open Safari and navigate to any website.
    2. Tap the aA icon in the address bar, then tap 1Password
    • If you're using an iPad, tap the 1Password icon in the address bar.
    1. Tap on the icon with three lines inside of a circle, then tap Settings.
    2. Scroll down to, or tap, Accounts & Vaults.
    3. Turn off any vaults whose items you don't wish to see suggested in Safari.

Thank you again for your continued feedback and support, it helps us improve and make 1Password even more useful for you and the community as a whole. 😊

-Dave