iOS (unlike Android) does not ask to fill out username/email automatically without a password field

marcocmarcoc ✭

A few apps (e.g. Notion) show a username/email field first and only once that's filled out they will ask for a password. On Android I get the "Use 1Password" option on the keyboard bar for username/email fields but on iOS I don't and it forces me to open the 1Password app, find the login, copy the username, switch back to the original app and paste it. This is extremely frustrating, as you can imagine.

Is there any way to force 1Password suggestions for username/email or is it an OS limitation? Thank you.

1Password Version: Latest at the time of writing
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15

Comments

• Dave_1PDave_1P

Team Member

Hello @marcoc! 👋

On the iPhone and iPad 1Password relies on an Apple technology called iOS Password AutoFill in order to detect and fill fields in iOS/iPadOS apps.

If an app doesn't support Password AutoFill then you can copy and paste your username and password from 1Password into the app (as you mentioned) or, if you're using iOS 15, you can drag and drop your login information from the 1Password app to the app: Drag and drop to fill in other apps

Please let me know if that helps. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file