Offer to save passwords in Chrome

danielbo
danielbo
Community Member

How do I make 1Password allow Chrome to also save passwords? It says 1Password is managing the setting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member

I don't think you can. You would have to disable the 1Password Chrome Extension to use the password feature built into Chrome.
    If you did this then you would have to manually update any username/password etc in 1Password. Likewise if you enabled 1Password you would then have to manually update any passwords in Chrome.

• danielbo
    danielbo
    Community Member

I can do both with LastPass. So I can't export my passwords from 1Password in the new version and I can't save in Chrome, feel like lock-in tactics.

• Hello @danielbo! I'm sorry for the delay here. @Powerless, we appreciate you chiming in!

Exporting is a feature we're continuing to improve upon and is included in the latest Production release of 1Password 8 and is exported in the 1PUX format.

If you're not already using the latest Beta, this version of 1Password 8 includes the ability to export your data in the .CSV format. You'll find those details in the release notes for the version of 1Password 8 where this was implemented.

Have a great day and let us know if you have any questions about this. :)

• danielbo
    danielbo
    Community Member

Thanks guys.

• Happy to hear that Mike's reply was helpful, @danielbo, and we're here for any further questions you might have. Thanks for being part of the community!

This discussion has been closed.